Should you have additional questions, please contact the co-chairs Roberta Wentling, Stephanie Seppanen, and Ashley Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation and Guidelines for the Variety Show
Location: Christian Church of Clarendon Hills (5750 Holmes Avenue)
Performance Date: Friday, April 27, 2018
Performance Time: 6 – 8 p.m.
- Act 1: Grades K-2
- Act 2: Grades 3-5
Mandatory Dress Rehearsal (held at the church): We will run the show in order in order to confirm lighting and music cues. Please arrive before 4:00 so you are ready to go. You are free to go after you’ve run through your number.
- Grades K-2 (and all 5th grade MCs): Wednesday, April 25 4:00 start
- Grades 3-5 (and all 5th grade MCs): Thursday, April 26 4:00 start
Optional Run Through (held at Madison): You are free to go after you’ve run through your number.
- Grades K-2: Monday, April 23 3:05 start
- Grades 3-5: Tuesday, April 24 3:05 start
- Group acts need to be two minutes or less
- Solo or duets need to be a minute and a half or less
- K-4 students may only participate in ONE act for the Variety Show. Kindergarteners may perform in the kindergarten act OR in a solo or group act.
- 5th Graders may perform in the finale AND EITHER emcee or perform in a solo or group act.
- Props are the parent/performers responsibility. They must be:
- Non-breakable and lightweight
- Nothing with lights (including strobe or black lights). Stage lighting will be provided
- Must be able to be set up in 2 minutes or less
- Nothing that is thrown into the audience
- Not include glitter of any kind (including on costumes)
- The curtain on the stage does not close. In the interest of safety, the lights cannot be turned completely off, they can only be dimmed. Please plan and practice your act accordingly.
- Friday, April 13 is the last day to add or change an act.
Music Recording Details
- All tracks are due by April 13 and shall be named “Title Last Name First Name” for example “Jingle Bells Doe Jane”
- It is your responsibility to edit music to two minutes or less (group) or one minute thirty seconds (solo or duet)
- Because tracks are played through a powerful sound system in a large auditorium, they must be of high quality
- Tracks must be submitted as mp3 or m4a files only. To convert from a different file type, search for file conversion websites- they will convert files to mp3 or m4a quickly and easily
- If you want to edit the start and stop times of a song, you can use iTunes on a desktop computer. Make a copy of the file first so that you don’t lose your original- https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2048711?tstart=0
- Files can also be edited in GarageBand on an iPad or Mac- http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Edit-Songs-From-Your-iTunes-Library-on-Gara/
- If you need additional help with your file, Clarendon Hills Music Academy will edit your music for a fee. Please contact them at email@example.com for additional information. Include in the title of your email TRACK EDIT FOR MADISON VARIETY SHOW
- This is an elementary school show. Music needs to be appropriate. Feel free to rewrite lyrics as needed.
- Final, edited music needs to be uploaded to Dropbox no later than Friday, April 13.
Behavior Expectations for Performers and Families
- No food allowed at any time while on church property. Only water is permitted.
- Children must be respectful and courteous at all times. Please review with your children that they cannot run up and down the aisles, put their feet or shoes on any auditorium chairs or play in the lobby/restrooms.
- Children cannot touch church property or equipment
Parent and Audience Member Expectations
- Parents and all audience members are allowed in the theater 10 minutes prior to show time
- Please only invite immediate family members, as capacity is a concern
- You are not permitted to save seats before or during the performance
- For safety, cameras/tripods cannot block aisles or exits
- No flash photography during the performance. We encourage you to take your photos/videos during dress rehearsal.