Hello Madison School Families!
Safety is our number one priority at Madison School. With this in mind, we have developed a closure plan for June 1 and 2 that will help keep staff, parents and students appropriately distanced while dropping off D181 supplies, and collecting personal belongings. Please know that participation is not mandatory. We understand that some families may not feel comfortable at this time. If that is the case for your family, we will hold your child’s possessions over the summer and you may return your D181 books when we return to school in the fall. Please be assured that during this process we will be strictly adhering to recommended social distancing guidelines and all staff members will be utilizing masks and gloves. Please read the information below very thoroughly as it may address any questions you have.
Pick-Up and Drop-Off Details
- D181 staff have packed student possessions from their locker and classroom and have them ready for pick-up in cardboard boxes.
- Prior to leaving home, families should place any library books, textbooks, etc., in a garbage bag and label with your child’s name, grade, and classroom teacher (Duct Tape and Sharpie works well). Please load the garbage bag in your trunk of your vehicle.
- At your designated time, drive through the Madison school drop-off line, following the same flow we use during the school year – make a right turn from 6th street into the parking lot. This is our normal car line located in the Madison School parking lot near the playground. (See map below).
- Please have your family’s last name clearly displayed on a piece of paper in your windshield. Upon arrival, the greeter will radio for your student(s) boxes.
- Please do not exit your vehicle. After coming to a stop, open your trunk at the designated loading area.
- A staff member will remove the garbage bag containing district property, and another will bring your child’s cardboard box containing their possessions to your vehicle, and place them in your trunk.
- Inclement Weather: In the event of inclement weather, we may need to alter our plans. I will be sure to communicate any adjustments needed. Please just cross your fingers for some beautiful days! 🙂
5th Grade Graduates
Our 5th grade Madison School graduates will get VIP treatment! Please arrive during your designated window of time on June 1 to pick-up your belongings, Celebration of Learning Certificate, and give a final wave to your 5th grade teachers. Please note that 5th grade students with siblings may pick-up their boxes at this time as well. No need to make a second trip.
|Date||Time||Last Name Beginning with…|
|Monday, 6/1||9:00-10:00||5th Grade Families (including siblings) A-H|
|Monday, 6/1||10:00-11:00||5th Grade Families (including siblings) I-Z|
|Monday, 6/1||11:00-12:00||K-4th grade last names A, B|
|Monday, 6/1||1:00-2:00||K-4th grade last names C, D|
|Monday, 6/1||2:00-3:00||K-4th grade last names E, F, G|
|Tuesday, 6/2||9:00-10:00||K-4th grade last names H, I, J, K|
|Tuesday, 6/2||10:00-11:00||K-4th grade last names L, M|
|Tuesday, 6/2||11:00-12:00||K-4th grade last names N, O, P, Q, R|
|Tuesday, 6/2||1:00-2:00||K-4th grade last names S, T|
|Tuesday, 6/2||2:00-3:00||K-4th grade last names U,V,W,X,Y, Z|