Welcome to the 2015 Variety Show Informational Site and Registration Form.
We are thrilled your child(ren) are interested in participating in this fun tradition at Madison. Below you will find all the detailed information you need, as well as a link to the registration form. Should you have additional questions, please contact the co-chairs Susan O’Byrne and Jennifer Baskel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation and Guidelines for the 2015 Variety Show
Location: Christian Church of Clarendon Hills (5750 Holmes Avenue)
Performance Date: Friday, May 29
Performance Time: 6 – 8 p.m.
- Act 1: Grades K-2
- Act 2: Grades 3-5
Mandatory Dress Rehearsal (held at the church)
- Grades K-2 (and all 5th grade MCs): Wednesday, May 27 (time TBD)
- Grades 3-5 (and all 5th grade MCs): Thursday, May 28 (time TBD)
Optional Run Through (held at Madison)
- Grades K-2: Wednesday, May 20 (time TBD)
- Grades 3-5: Thursday, May 21 (time TBD)
- Group acts need to be two minutes or less
- Solo or duets need to be a minute and a half or less
- Props are the parent/performers responsibility. They must be:
- Non-breakable and lightweight
- Nothing with lights (including strobe or black lights). Stage lighting will be provided
- Must be able to be set up in 2 minutes or less
- Nothing that is thrown into the audience
- Not include glitter of any kind (including on costumes)
- If the music you plan to use is longer than your Act, it is your responsibility to edit it
- If you need assistance, for a fee you can contact the Hinsdale Music Studio at 630/323-9373
- Please remember this is an elementary school show. Music needs to be appropriate. We suggest using the KidsBop version of songs, whenever possible.
- Final, edited music needs to be emailed to email@example.com no later than Monday, May 4
Behavior Expectations for Performers and Families
- No food allowed at any time while on church property. Only water is permitted.
- Children must be respectful and courteous at all times. Please review with your children that they cannot run up and down the aisles, put their feet or shoes on any auditorium chairs or play in the lobby/restrooms.
- Children cannot touch church property or equipment
Parent and Audience Member Expectations
- Parents and all audience members are allowed in the theater 10 minutes prior to show time
- Please only invite immediate family members, as capacity is a concern
- You are not permitted to save seats before or during the performance
- For safety, cameras/tripods cannot block aisles or exits
- No flash photography during the performance. We encourage you to take your photos/videos during dress rehearsal.
- Flowers and bottled water will be sold in the lobby area before and during the show
Now that you have read and understood all of the guidelines, you may click on the link below to the