Follow us on Twitter @madisond181
Final Days of Student Attendance: June 1-2
Monday, June 1 and Tuesday, June 2 are our final Remote Learning Student Attendance Days. While we won’t be able to exactly replicate our typical end-of-year celebrations such as field day, the clap out, and the 5th Grade Celebration of Learning, we want to make sure it is still a special day for our students!
- Monday, June 1 – “Virtual Field Day” and 5th Grade Celebration of Learning Video
- Tuesday, June 2 – our staff will be engaging in a Remote Learning Planning Day as we continue to prepare for various 2020-21 scenarios. Since we want to ensure that all students have the opportunity to complete and turn in any unfinished work on this day, no additional work will be assigned.
Student Supply Pick Up – June 1 and 2
Students will have the opportunity to safely and efficiently pick up personal items left at the school and return textbooks and library books (all grades, as needed) and technology devices (only eighth-graders) in a “drive through” format.
Please know that participation is not mandatory. We understand that some families may not feel comfortable picking up student materials or returning D181 books at this time. If that is the case for your family, we will hold your child’s possessions over the summer and you may return your D181 books when we return to school in the fall. Please be assured that during this process we will be strictly adhering to recommended social distancing guidelines and all staff members will be utilizing masks and gloves.
- We will send the drive-through schedule to families during the week of May 18.
- D181 staff will pack student possessions from their locker and classroom and will have them ready for pick-up.
- At your designated time, you will drive through the area used for student drop-off during the school year.
Returning District Property
- ECE-8th grade students: Please return any District textbooks or library books you have at home. Please write the student’s name on a piece of paper and put it inside the front cover of each book.
- K-7 grade students will keep their D181 technology device over the summer.
- 8th grade students should return their D181 computer and charger during their designated time.