Madison Fall Spirit Week – October 26-30
While Halloween will look different this year and we can’t do our usual parade, we are excited for a fun spirit week. Please click here for all the details. Students and staff are invited to wear costumes to school on Friday, October 30. Please be sure to follow all safety requirements, including wearing a face mask along with their costumes. We ask for school-appropriate costumes that are comfortable enough for the students to wear in class. Please just let us know if you have any questions.
Save the Date: CogAT Testing for Grades 2 and 5 – November 9-13
- Second and fifth grade students will take the Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT). We will keep you updated with exact testing dates and times for both our hybrid and remote learners.
- CogAT is a series of three tests (Verbal, Quantitative, and Non-Verbal). The CogAT provides information on the level of development of general and specific cognitive skills of students. The primary purpose of the CogAT is to provide a description of the student’s own cognitive resources for learning that educators can use to help the student achieve instructional objectives. This information will also be used to help with placement decisions.
- There is no need to ask your child to study for this test. It is a measure of cognitive ability and thinking skills. The best way to support your child’s efforts is to encourage him/her to get a good night’s sleep prior to testing days and to eat a healthy breakfast the morning of a testing session.
Important Safety Reminders
- Did you know that the CDC recommends that fabric masks be washed regularly after each use? It is important to always remove masks correctly and wash your hands after handling or touching a used mask. Click here for more specific instructions.
- Our students take a mask break outside each day. As the weather turns colder, we will still be going outside. Please ensure that children have proper attire for cold weather. Additionally, in light rain, students will also be outside for mask breaks. Only if thunder and lightning are present will mask breaks be skipped.